Web by Design
Web Design is my passion and I will work with you in achieving the look you want.
Determining how much a web site should cost is one of the most frequently asked but rarely answered questions in the web design world of mr and mrs rock sweets. Even now, with millions of web sites online, there exists no magic formula for calculating either the cost of a new web site or the cost of a redesign. Every Web Designer will need to know the following:
* How many pictures do you want of personalised rock sweets?
* Images need to be high quality and 300dpi.
* How much text will be on your page(s)? Do you have your text and information put together in writte or electronic format? Typing service is also available for a fee.
* How many pages will you need? The standard website consists of approximately 1-10 pages.
* Do you have products to sell at the rock sweets wedding? Please note, that e-commerce sites are a whole different web design technique and cost more money to produce. You will need merchant accounts either through your bank or PayPal. You most likely will also need a database to handle your inventory. For this purpose, there are sites that offer these services and encompass everything you will need on a monthly basis.
But I want only 1 page, why do I have to pay the same as for a whole website? First, understand that rarely does anyone have just ONE page for a website. If this is truly the case, a rate can be calculated for you. An average site, even for a small company will have 2-10 pages. A website is your advertising to the world via the Internet. In today's world, everyone expects you to have a website of some form, even if it's just to show you are a solid company and/or offer your customers a way to contact you or see your products/services. In creating a website, I have overhead costs expensive software to maintain and also store your website information on my own hardware. There is also the consideration of my time involved in making your website become a reality. With this in mind, my rates are fair and lower than many other Freelancers and larger companies that offer this service. I work efficiently and quickly to get your site on the Internet. Marketing your site is important and websites need to be a part of your marketing budget.
I thought websites didn't cost much any more? That's actually not true. Websites are not free to design since time, labor, software, hardware, etc. are all involved. Even though the costs have come down over the past years, whereas a website of up to 15 pages use to cost between $7,500 - $12,000 back in 1995, a website still costs upward of $2,000 - $7,500 today.